Thursday, October 7, 2010

Reading4Champions Book Club: 177 Mental Toughness Secrets of the World Class

Hello Champions!

I hope you squeezed all you could learn about opportunity from the September book, Opportunity Knocks by Pat Mesiti.  For October, we will be reading 177 Mental Toughness Secrets of the World Class by Steve Siebold. I quoted Mr. Siebold in my first post about the book club:

       "The great ones have a world view that says happiness is learning, growing and becoming.
         School is never out for champions."

This book is simple to read.  Each page contains one topic and additional bullet information in green, orange or blue blocks (I love color!)   But please, please, don't be fooled.  This books is chock full of thought-provoking and paradigm shifting statements.

I picked this book because this book club is for champions (which you are, yay!).  In order to be a champion in the world, you have to
think and act differently from the average person (or as called in the book, Middle Class).  A majority of people in the world are Middle Class.  Since we are surrounded by them and exposed to their mediocre thinking daily, we have to be firmly rooted in champion thinking and champion action.   I know Mr. Siebold's book will help you alot because it left me floored and motivated to get better.

Page Three opened my eyes so much!  I knew my thinking had changed since I began reading and listening to materials on self-improvement and motivation, but I had no idea how much it had changed from Middle Class to World Class.  Check this out:
  • The Middle Class competes......the World Class creates.
  • The Middle Class sees themselves as victims.....the World Class sees themselves as responsible.
  • The Middle Class has pipedreams.....the World Class has vision.
Isn't that awesome?  Want more?  Read the book.  You have 30 days to absorb your mental toughness secrets.  I will check on your progress halfway through the month.

177 Mental Toughness Secrets of the World Class: The Thought Processes, Habits and Philosophies of the Great Ones


Question for Comment:  Do you have a book you would like to recommend?  Why do you recommend it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share a Comment About This Post....