Monday, November 1, 2010

Look up!

It's Monday morning.  The alarm goes off, you jump out of bed and the race begins.  You race through Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday doing job things and family things without looking up.  Saturday and Sunday come and you race around doing chores and other weekend stuff without looking up.  Monday morning comes, the alarm goes off, you jump out of bed and off you go. Week after week, month after month, year after year, without looking up.  LOOK UP!

Now I know if you are an adult, you have bills to pay and responsibilities to handle, but life is not just about paying bills and handling responsibilities.  I am not saying to forget them.  What I am saying is life is a gift so,
on purpose, look up and take in all you can.

A few years ago, I set a personal goal to do at least one new thing every year, some thing I had never done before.  So far, I have seen eclipses of the sun and moon, driven from Tampa to Miami, walked in the footprints in front of Grauman's Chinese Theatre in Hollywood, taken a cruise (which led to a second cruises), spent a week in Las Vegas, taken a helicopter ride (down the Vegas strip at night!), spent a week in the Bahamas, climbed a Mayan pyramid in Belize, attended an official (this means the actors appear) Twilight convention (Team Edward!), had my picture taken with a movie star, and zip-lined over a rainforest.  Also, whenever I travel to a city for the first time, I act as if I will never be in that city again and soak up everything I can in that city.  So I've visited the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland and Hitsville, i.e, Motown, in Detroit.  Granted I have not scaled Mt. Everest (not on my list by the way), but I enjoy being alive and taking advantage of the variety of things in this wonderful world.  It keeps me excited and marveling about life so that day to day responsibilities don't wear me down. 

Enjoying life doesn't have to cost you money.  There are plenty of inexpensive or free things you and your family can do in your area.  Look in the newspaper or check on-line.  Where I live, the leaves on the trees are changing.  I purposefully stop and look out my window and marvel at the colors.  

Take a moment, breath, look up, marvel and enjoy life! 


Question for Comment: When was the last time you looked up?  What did you see or do?  Was it worth it?  Feel free to share.

1 comment:

  1. I love this! I wanted to sing on an album which I did years ago. I had an opportunity to sing on a jingle as well! I always wanted to write a book and now I have. I also wanted to be a filmmaker and that's in the process. I have met actors and recording artists! I wanted to travel to Europe and the Caribbean and I have. I plan on going back to both!! Still have my sights set on Japan too! What good is life if you've never lived?

    ReplyDelete

Share a Comment About This Post....