Monday, November 8, 2010

Reading4Champions: November Book

Hello Champions!

Were you able to finish 177 Mental Toughness Secrets of the World Class by Steve Siebold in one month?? The book is so chock full of insights that I was not able to finish it.  I am still chewing on many them.  Did you do at least do one Action Step For The Day?  This book is definitely one you will refer to time and time again.

Speaking of re-reading, the book for November is a re-read for me and it has a special place in my life.  You see, I met the author in 2000 when he was speaking to youth at the start of a summer works program.  He spoke with such passion and his message so inspired me that I bought not one, but two of his books! (yes, they are autographed). The November book is
A Setback Is a Setup for a Comeback by Willie Jolley.

Mr. Jolley (http://www.williejolley.com/1/homepage) is a world renowned inspirational and motivational speaker.   If you have not heard him speak, you are missing out on something great.  I picked this book because it adds more ammo to our arsenal on mental toughness.  As I said in an earlier post, the world is generally negative and we need to constantly and consistently fill our minds with empowering and positive stuff.  We also need to know how to respond when something negative, a setback, happens, and it will.  This book helped, and is helping me again.   As Mr. Jolley says on page 42:   

Sometimes a setback will come in the form of an exit door.  You will be forced to leave something or someone and it will be uncomfortable. . . .You will have to change, and you don't know what will result from these changes; all you know is that you have been shown the way to the door.  I say you must look at this situation from a positive perspective and say, "It's okay!" . . .Why? Because every exit door is also an entrance door.  When you leave one place you are always entering into another place.  A place filled with new possibilities and opportunities.

What an awesome paradigm shift in thinking!  For more, you have to read the book.  Hurry up; I am already ahead of you!  I will check in with you half way through November.

A Setback Is a Setup for a Comeback

Question for Comment: How do you respond to a setback? Feel free to leave any comments.


1 comment:

Share a Comment About This Post....